Mini Hike to Mt. Atago
The best spot to see the Saigō Port and the nearby charming town from above!
This hiking route is the closest to the Saigō Port area and also relatively easy.
Mt. Atago is one of the landmarks of the island. The hike is relatively easy and it takes only about 30 minutes to reach the top, where Atago Shrine is located. The shrine's torii gate faces the sea, so you can take photos of the town through the gate! If the timing is right you will be able to see ferries and other boats come in and dock in the port!
On the way back we pass through a route from where you will be able to see Saigo Ohashi Bridge and Oki Airport in th distance. And if you are lucky, some grazing cattle as well!
The tour starts and ends in front of the torii gate at the bfoot of the mountain in Misaki-machi. Please see the map below.
Advance booking necessary min. seven days before the planned tour.
- Year-round except Wednesdays
- Please choose a starting time between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM
- 2 hr
- Payment method
- JPY 3,500
- Included in price
- Guiding, insurance
- Cancel / change
- Until 3 days prior
- Mask, drink, rainwear in case of bad weather
- Shoes and clothes appropriate for light hiking (they might get a little dirty), light jacket in case of wind. For tours in summer please bring a hat, sunscreen, bug spray.
- Chokkura Oki
- Meeting place
- In front of the torii gate at the foot of Mt. Atago
- Same as the meeting place
- Venue Map