- Hike down to the coast and marvel at numerous small islets and interesting coastline.
- This trail is a treat for anyone wanting to see breathtaking views and find out about nature on the Oki Islands. Shirashima Coast is a designated National Place of Scenic Beauty and Natural Monument of Japan. The island on the tip of the peninsula is a protected breeding ground for streaked shearwaters.
Shirashima Coast is located on the northernmost tip of the island, and is continuously eroded away by the combined forces of wind and waves, creating the complex scenery we can see today.
Trail lenght: 3 km
The guide can meet you at your accommodation and help you navigate as you drive your rental car, or you can meet at the trail enterance. Please inquire during booking.
- JPY 20,000 per 1-4 persons (JPY 5,000 per any additional person)
- Morning Session: 9:00 am
Afternoon Session: 1:00 pm
- 3 hr
- Meeting place
- Shirashima Lookout Car Park
- Additional notes
- *The tour might get cancelled due to bad weather or weather warnings (strong rain, lightning).
Oki Geopark Tour Desk