Mt. Takata Hiking Trail Guided Tour
Climb to the top and see a charming fishing village with the Dōzen Islands in the distance!
This is a short but quite a steep trail leading to the top of Mt. Takata in Tsuma area in Okinoshima Town. There are several viewing points from which the visitors can observe the blue sea, the smaller of the Oki Islands in the distance, and a nearby fishing village with picturesque boat houses lined-up along the coast.
Please be aware that the mountain is steep in some places and you will be required to use a rope.
Trail lenght: 3 km
The guide can meet you at your accommodation and help you navigate as you drive your rental car, or you can meet at the trail enterance. Please inquire during booking.
- Session Time
- Morning Session: from 9:00 am
Afternoon Session: from 1:00 pm
- 3 hr
- JPY 15,000 per guide (max. 4 persons)
- sports or hiking shoes, long trousers, long-sleeved shirt and a windbreaker
- *The tour might get cancelled due to bad weather or weather warnings (strong rain, lightning).
*If you travel from the port area, you will have to change the bus at the Oki Hospital.
- Oki Geopark Tour Desk
- Meeting place
- Takata Shrine
- Meeting place Access
- From Saigō Port
30 min by car
From Oki Hospital Bus Stop:
40 min by public bus
- Meeting Place Map
- Same as the meeting place