Sekiheki (Red Cliff) Sightseeing Boat
Enjoy the sea breeze and traces of dynamic volcanic activity from 6 million years ago.
From the sea, you can see the entirety of Sekiheki (Red Cliff), extending about 1km along Chiburijima Island's western shore. If weather conditions allow, the sightseeing boat will circle the entire island!
You can also hire a guide (speaker of French, English and Portuguese) to enhance your experience.
(In winter, the tour may be canceled depending on the weather.)
- Your choice of departure time between 12:00 and 18:30 (this is a chartered boat).
- Session Time
- approximately 50 minutes
- In front of Kurii Port Ferry Terminal
- Payment method
- Cash only
- Without guide
1-6 persons: JPY 9,000
7 persons and more: additional fee of JPY 1,500 per each additional person
1-6 persons: JPY 12,000
7 persons and more: additional fee of JPY 2,000 per each additional person
(Example: JPY 12,000 per person in case of 1-person-use; JPY 6,000 per person in case of 2-person-use)
- Cancel / change
- Until the booking day before 12:00 noon
- In case of bad weather
- Due to bad weather such as high waves, heavy rain, typhoon, etc., the course may be changed or canceled.
- How to confirm cancellation
- In the event of cancellation due to weather, we will contact you on your mobile phone the day before or in the morning of the tour.
- Benten Maru
(phone number above is to the tourism association)
- Meeting place
- Chiburijima Tourism Association (1st floor of the ferry terminal)
- Meeting Place Address
- 1730-6, Chibu-mura, Oki-gun
- Same as the meeting place
- Venue Address
- 1745-2, Chibu-mura, Oki-gun