Shimazushima Island Sea Kayaking Tour
Kayaking in the emerald green waters of Oki's southernmost island.
Join us to experience an adventure on an uninhabited island!
Hop on a sea kayak and head out to the uninhabited island of Shimazushima, which can be accessed on foot by crossing a bridge. Enjoy both a relaxing and active stay on Chiburijima Island while admiring the emerald green sea, spectacular geological formations and caves created by volcanic activity and erosion, and grazing cattle. The tour is conducted by local instructors who love the nature of Chiburijima Island and will for sure share many exciting insider information about it with the participants.
Tours available in French, English, and Portuguese.
Number of participants: 2–6 people
Minimum Age: 9 years
*Please contact us beforehand if you would like to participate with your children who is under the age of 8.
12:30 Meet at the Tourism Association in Kurii Port and fill in the application form. We recommend you change into clothing for marine activities beforehand. Please let us know if you would like to get changed at the port. You can leave your luggage in the Tourism Association for 200 yen per person.
12:45 Head to the sea kayaking site. The instructor will pick you up.
13:00 Arrive at the sea kayaking site, followed by a short lesson on paddling and safety precautions.
13:15 The tour begins! Enjoy the scenery around Shimazushima Island and the transparent sea.
14:30 Head back on the shore and take a short break to get changed (changing room available).
14:45 Transfer back to the port (Tourism Association）
15:00 End of tour
- 21 July 2023 to 31 October 2023
(Tour unavailable from 1 November 2023 to 31 March 2024)
- Session Time
- Approx. 2 hours
- Target age
- 9 - years old
- Payment method
- Cash only
- Adults JPY7,700
Children JPY 6,600
- Included in price
- Sea kayak experience fee, life jacket rental fee, instructor fee, insurance fee.
- Business hours
- 29 Dec–3 Jan
- Cancel / change
- 3 days in advance: 20％
2 days in advance: 50%
On the day of the tour: 100%
(Counted from the day of the tour. Contact about the cancellation can be received only during business hours: 8:30–17:00.)
- In case of bad weather
- Sea conditions, rain, strong typhoons, etc.
- How to confirm cancellation
- In case of cancellation at the instructor's discretion, you will be notified the day before or by the morning of the day.
- It is recommended to bring something to drink, a change of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Please wear clothing suitable for marine sports (swimwear, marine shoes, etc.).
- Chiburijima Tourism Asociation
- Meeting place
- Kurii Port Ferry Terminal
- Meeting Place Map
- Marine Activity Base
- Venue Map