What exactly is an Oki-Toku Special Ticket?
What is an “Oki-Toku Special Ticket?” A great deal for people who want to travel by ferry and fast ferry. Stay at local accommodation and experience activities* from participating providers in the Oki Islands, and you can get your return ferry 2nd class ticket (normally costs JPY 3,510) free of charge. If you arrive on the Rainbow Jet, your return Rainbow Jet will be free. If you arrive on the normal ferry, you’ll still get a discount for the return trip on Rainbow Jet—just pay the island resident discounted price of JPY 1,440 (normal cost JPY 6,680).
*Campaign Period: 1 April 2023–31 March 2024
*Fees for accommodation and activities are at a separate cost.
Two Types of Ships
● Ferry: You can enjoy the sea breeze and the scenery from the deck of the ship, or lie down on the carpeted floor area of the ferry (pillows are free of charge, and rental blankets are available for JPY 30). Seats are available on the second floor, so feel free to walk up the stairs and find your preferred way of ferry travel!
Travel time: approximately 2.5–3 hr, depending on your destination.
● Fast Ferry Rainbow Jet: The ship has two floors with comfortable seatings.
Travel time: approximately 70 min–2 hr, depending on your destination.
The ferry and fast ferry departs from Shichirui Port in Matsue and Sakaiminato Port in Sakaiminato City. Please check the timetables to decide which ferry to take that is most suitable for your itinerary. Take a look at our articls section to see how to board the ferry and the fast ferry Rainbow Jet before your departure.
How To Reserve and Use the Ticket
1. Reserve your ticket online ahead of time from the official website (link below). Reservation is required at least three days before your visit (not including the day of arrival). Reserve your accommodation and chosen activity to make sure you will receive the necessary stamps. You can check the available services on the official campaign website.
2. Fill in the passenger boarding form located inside the port (Shichirui or Sakaiminato). Look around the ticket window area for an English poster with information on how to board the ferry to help you with the procedure.
When you hand the boarding form to the staff at the Oki Kisen ticket window, tell them you have an “Oki-Toku Special Ticket” reservation. The staff will give you a pink-blue ticket with blank spaces for the necessary stamps from accommodation and activity providers.
3. Receive the required stamps on your Oki-Toku Special Ticket during your visit to the islands. The activity providers and employees of the accommodation you choose will stamp it for you, so make sure to ask them.
4. On your return trip, show your stamped Oki-Toku Special Ticket to the staff at the Oki Kisen ticket window inside the port of your departure. They will check your stamps and exchange the Oki-Toku Special Ticket for a return ferry or fast ferry ticket.
1. Reservation of the Oki-Toku Special Ticket is required at least three days before your visit (not including the day of arrival).
2. It is best to reserve your accommodation before coming to the islands as there might be no available room once you arrive.
3. Most activities also require an advance reservation. We suggest making those reservations to ensure you will get all the necessary stamps.
Not sure how to travel around the Oki Islands and what are the must-see places? Looking for inspiration but don’t know where to start? We have lined up a few sample itineraries here, and articles with useful information below!
See the articles below for spring and summer recommendations!
Spring in the Oki Islands: Places to Go and Things to Know
We have gathered a few tips for visiting the Oki Islands in spring and here’s some inspiration for your trip.
All Aboard in Oki
A look at the sightseeing boats operating on the islands and the cruises they offer.
Summer Cuisines Unique to the Islands of Oki!
The Oki Islands—seafood lovers’ paradise! Here are our recommended dishes for your summer getaway! Enjoying the local food while getting to know the local culture in more depth!
Looking for the Cool Breeze in Oki Islands UNESCO Global Geopark
On land and under the sea, moving around or lazing about—let’s explore the natural wonders of Oki Islands UNESCO Global Geopark while looking for the cool breeze!
Summer in the Oki Islands: Places to Go and Things to Know
We have gathered a few tips for visiting the Oki Islands in the summer and here’s some inspiration for your trip.
See the articles below for autumn-winter recommendations!
Oki – A Seafood Lover’s Paradise
Try the unique local cuisine which truly captures the spirit of the islands ‒ cuisine as unforgettable as the spectacular scenery.
Autumn in the Oki Islands: Places to Go and Things to Know
We have gathered a few tips for visiting the Oki Islands in autumn as an inspiration for your trip!
Enjoy all four islands in every weather, rain or sunshine! (Facilities & Cafes)
Naturally as islands, the weather here is ever-changing. Here are some places where you might want to drop by in case of rain or just for some cozy coffee or tea time!
Winter in the Oki Islands: Places to Go and Things to Know
We have gathered a few tips for visiting the Oki Islands in winter as an inspiration for your trip!
Wander in the Museums of the Oki Islands
If you are an explorer that loves to visit museums and discover the unknown, do not miss out on visiting these museums on the Oki Islands!
Official English Website of the Oki-Toku Special Ticket CampaignThis will open in a new tab.
Visit this site to check the information necessary to reserve and use the ticket, and get your return ferry ticket free of charge!